If you are starting a new business, the best time to set-up QuickBooks is at business inception or shortly thereafter. We understand every business owner understands their business inside and out. One thing that is often overlooked is the intricacies of Accounting. Therefore, QuickBooks isn’t always set up correctly. Having one of our experts assist or do this for you will insure the financial data you receive from the Software is Accurate and something you can use to drive your business forward.
Which accounting method will you use? What chart of accounts do you need for your business? How do you handle beginning balances?
Our experts can easily answer all of these questions and complete the initial Setup and Installation in a timely manner. In addition, your accounting employees can receive training on the accounting software to enhance their performance.
How much does it cost? We first want to find out a little more about your business and your accounting records before we quote you an exact price. Rest assured that we work with many small business owners and our rates are designed to fit the budgets of our clients.
As with any accounting software program, installation and training take time – time taken away from managing your business. Here’s a short list of the services we provide during your QuickBooks setup:
- Study and evaluate your businesses accounting needs.
- Recommend software and hardware requirements.
- Install software, design and set up chart of accounts and entire accounting package including payroll, accounts receivable, inventory, accounts payable, etc.
- Determination of your QuickBooks starting date
- Loading your chart of account and balances as of that starting date
- Preparation of a list of the items that you sell to your customers. This list includes services, inventory parts, non-inventory parts, other charges and sales taxes
- Entering your outstanding accounts receivable and accounts payable details as of your starting date
- Entering your ending statement bank balances and outstanding checks & deposits in transit as of your starting date
- Printing a trial balance as of your starting date and comparing it to your trial balance from your old system
- Entering your transactions since your starting dates into QuickBooks
- Train client or client staff in use of software to meet their accounting, management and tax needs.
- Follow up training to ensure the client is “on the right track” or
- Act as your bookkeeper to insure proper entry the first time, freeing you up to dedicate your time where it’s needed….Growing your business
Monthly, quarterly or annual review of client QuickBooks data to assist in tax preparation and management reports.